Monday, November 21, 2005

Early Christmas with Lou Monte.....

Yes, I know, Thanksgiving is only a few days away, and I'm pulling out the Christmas music already. Well, have you been to a mall lately? They whip out the holiday tunes right after Halloween these days..... Thanksgiving weekend welcomes the 24-hour Christmas music on major Lite-FM radio stations around the U.S. (a perfect marketing tactic to get your station played in stores by the way) and the record stores (am I the only one that still calls them that?) have all the Christmas CDs right up front and ready to go.

So, I thought I'd pull out one of my favorites and pass it along. Growing up outside of NYC, it was hard for anyone to miss this holiday classic by New Jersey-based Italian-American singer Lou Monte and it has spread beyond the northeast (in part) thanks to those same Lite-FM stations playing 24 hours of Christmas music each year. So here is a link to one of my childhood favorites for the holidays:

Dominic, The Italian Christmas Donkey (Lou Monte)

Followed by a bonus link for those who dig the late Lou Monte:

Silver Bells (Lou Monte)

Happy Holidays.........

No comments: