
Naked Eyes was one of the better bands born out of the early new wave movement of the 1980's. Pete Byrne had a great voice and the late Rob Fisher (the second half of Climie-Fischer) was a genious on keyboards. Combined, these two crafted brilliant pop songs including the Burt Bacharach penned "Always Something There To Remind Me" and the MTV staple, "Promises, Promises." They were more popular in the States than in the UK (where they hailed from) with four singles breaking the U.S. Top 40 charts.
Byrne has recorded as a solo artist and has been touring and recording under the Naked Eyes name once again. A new album, "Fumbling With The Covers," an acoustic set, is due for release this year (and I've included one of the tracks below). Collected here are a few unreleased tracks by Naked Eyes and a single release from Pete Byrne.
Byrne has recorded as a solo artist and has been touring and recording under the Naked Eyes name once again. A new album, "Fumbling With The Covers," an acoustic set, is due for release this year (and I've included one of the tracks below). Collected here are a few unreleased tracks by Naked Eyes and a single release from Pete Byrne.
Naked Eyes:
When The Lights Go Out "Acoustic" - New Release
Diamond Days - New Release
If I Can't Make You Mine - Previously Unreleased
(I Just Can't Get Over) Losing You - Previously Unreleased
Pete Byrne:
The Real Illisuion
Enjoy!
1 comment:
"Diamond Days" still works! I thought it was deleted. It should be on the next album, Piccadilly.
Post a Comment