Monday, March 20, 2006

White Town's Debut Single...

Before White Town made its major radio debut with the offbeat single "Your Woman," in 1997, Jyoti Mishra had been crafting fine pop music for years. I first heard White Town on a spinART compilation (given to me by the members of Suddenly Tammy following a concert they did with Live at York College) with the track "Alain Delon" which I played quite a bit on college radio. When I was still writing reviews for the now defunct e-zine The End of the World, Jyoti and I exchanged a few e-mails regarding a future interview after "Your Woman" became such a hit. The magazine folded before that took place, but I enjoyed the chance to speak with him during the process.

Anyway, enough about that. Let us move on to some tunes. Jyoti has recently posted White Town's first release, a 7" ep from 1990 called, what else? "White Town." Here are the three tracks from the ep:

White Town
Whisper Away
The Strange Waltz





No comments: