Friday, September 15, 2006

Czech Out This Awful Oddity From 1985...

Forevernow just posted this odd track because it features Level 42's Mark King on bass (about the only good thing about the song). Jana Pope (hailing from the Czech Republic) must be an aquired taste (one for which I will never aquire). She sounds like an evil robotic twin of Kate Bush. Quality lyrics abound here (not) such as "everbody wants to moan for me" and "I'm spy trying to catch you.." (what the hell does that mean?) Yeah, so as Jana Pope herself declares in this song "so beware" as it is just awful...

I'm Spy (Jana Pope)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe bizarre. kinda like nina hagen doing tuvan throat singing. i actually gave this 3 stars in iTunes, because i thought it was amusing ;)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Actually, this track and album is one of my favorites of all time.