Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Swinging In DC...

Considering the swing election this year for the Democrats, I thought I'd feature some swank modern lounge out of Washington, DC. Chaise Lounge performed regularly in DC, put out at least one album, and appeared on the Open Source Music nu-jazz / downtempo compilation Walking On Pennsylvania Avenue in 2000 with a great remix of Mood Swing. Marilyn Older, who performed on the Lilith Tour and The Horde Festival with Dead Girls and Other Stories, provides the suave female vocals and Charlie Barnett adds his guitar talents to the mix. Here is the original version of Mood Swing which is still a favorite of mine. The website for the band is gone, so I'm nut sure they are still around.

Mood Swing

Plus:
Burning Down The House (sample preview)
Live performance clip from The Kennedy Center

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Their album "The Early Years" is hard to get but it's worth the quest. Chaise Lounge is, sadly, a classic example of a great once-in-a-lifetime band that didn't make it.