Sunday, December 03, 2006

Dominick The Italian Christmas Donkey

Growing up as an Italian-American in Northerm New Jersey, it just wasn't Christmas until the NYC radio stations pulled out Lou Monte's Dominic The Donkey. Its hard for anyone to miss this holiday classic by New Jersey-based Italian-American singer Lou Monte and it has spread beyond the northeast (in part) thanks to those same Lite-FM stations playing 24 hours of Christmas music each year. So here is a link to one of my childhood favorites for the holidays. I've also inlcuded one of Monte's other big (non-Christmas) hits Lazy Mary.

Dominic The Donkey (Lou Monte)

Bonus Cut:
Lazy Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've posted this song before, but I've never seen Lou Monte's photo until now..

He's really not what I pictured at all! The song is so silly - I always imagined it was sung by a goofy old grandpa! hehehe