I never get sick of Earth Kitt's version of this song (and more annoyed by Madonna's version) this time of year. Recorded in 1953, Kitt turns this piece into such a sultry and flirtatious song without having to slut it up the way so many modern female pop singers do. It is really hard to top the original in this case (unless of course, you are Eartha Kitt who did "This Year's Santa Baby" the following year that is). And, for fans of Kitt's "Santa Baby," I've also enclosed a link to her version of "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' For Christmas" which was also tied in as a follow up to her "Santa Baby" recordings. A much more mature and sophisticated version than the Spike Jones original. Both were sourced from this great site full of novelty Christmas tunes. UPDATE!! "This Year's Santa Baby" is now posted below thanks to a fellow member of the FaLaLaLaLa forums.Santa Baby
This Year's Santa Baby - JUST ADDED!!
I'm Gettin' Nuttin' For Christmas
4 comments:
Happy Xmas :)
Hey... Soundsational is back? Great news, I'll have to add you back to my links... Cheers!!!
Eartha's "adult" version of "I'm Getting Nuttin' For Christmas" is a lost gem. Thanks for it and the link to the Xmas novelty motherlode.
please re-up this year's santa baby
~ Kyle
Post a Comment