Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trees: The Soundtrack

Ok, now here is one for the ultra-obscure, and very rare, soundtrack file. I helped run the theatrical premier for the indie horror comedy Trees while I was still working for CBS Infinity Radio in Connecticut. As the Promotions Director for the radio station involved, I gave out tickets for an invitation-only screening at a local movie theater. Between the film's producers, cast, and our on-air giveaways, we had about 100 people in the audience. We gave away shirts and posters, and a few copies of the soundtrack featured here. The film (and the critically panned sequel which I never saw) did finally see a DVD release and has a small cult following today. The soundtrack however, was never released outside of a handful of promotional copies used for the debut screening. If you ever get a chance, do watch the first one as it is a great spoof on Jaws with trees replacing sharks as a maneating menace in a small Connecticut town. The soundtrack and all the artwork is zipped in one file. NOTE: The tracks themselves are not tagged (I didn't have the time this week), but the artwork has all the tracks and musicians listed. A real scarce item for soundtrack collectors and b-movie fans alike.

Trees: The Soundtrack

No comments: