Monday, March 10, 2008

Artist Spotlight: Scythian

Just got a copy of On Tap Magazine's free CD sampler On The Verge: Local Music Worth A Listen Vol. 2 which features amazing indie music from bands and artists in the Washington DC area. I have not been able to put this CD down since I found a copy. Seriously, there is some truly amazing music to be found here. One that really caught my attention was the very unique Celtic-dance-rap (trust me, it works) Technoccordion by Scythian. A brilliant blend of simple rap lyrics, organic dance beats, raging fiddle, accordion, and vocal emulations of classic disco electronic sounds that are guaranteed to make you smile. For me, St. Patrick's Day required a healthy dose of Black 47 (the anti-River Dance, anti-overplayed pub song Irish-American band), and now I think Scythian should be added to the mix. If you are looking for something a wee bit different to drink your green beer by this weekend, you have got to give these guys a listen. Taken from On The Verge Vol. 2, here is Technoccordion. NOTE:Posts will be slow for the rest of the month as I'm winding down my research thesis, but I'll post again as soon as I can....

Technoccordian

No comments: