Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Release Spotlight: Alien Skin

For fans of electronic music the release of George Pappas' debut solo album under the name Alien Skin could not be more welcome. Pappas is best known as the synth-wizard for my favorite Aussie band, Real Life (who's lead singer David Sterry is also working on a solo album for Cleopatra Records as we speak). George's soundscapes on Don't Open Till Doomsday are wonderfully moody and his excellent vocals capture the best of Depeche Mode's Martin Gore without sounding like a clone. Mid-tempo, ethereal, hypnotic aural goodness which I can not recommend enough. Great work George, this a brilliant work and it is so good to hear new material from you (and of course I'm also looking forward to David's album as well). To preview the full album, follow the link below.

Album Preview

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please repost Michael Brook's Live at The Aquarium (1992)? Many thanks.

Liz - 4 Ohm said...

Nice blog! I like your taste in music. I'd love to share a new electro band I think you'll dig... is there an email where I could send an mp3?