Wow, one listen to this new single creating waves across UK radio and you will be transported somewhere between 1983 and 1985 listening to Haircut 100, Lloyd Cole, and Strawberry Switchblade (the throwback Robert Smith haircuts and Duran Duran-esque video just add to the overall feel). Two Doors Down by The Mystery Jets is a simply brilliant throwback without sounding like an outdated rehash. Just in time for summer...Tuesday, June 10, 2008
New Release Spotlight: The Mystery Jets
Wow, one listen to this new single creating waves across UK radio and you will be transported somewhere between 1983 and 1985 listening to Haircut 100, Lloyd Cole, and Strawberry Switchblade (the throwback Robert Smith haircuts and Duran Duran-esque video just add to the overall feel). Two Doors Down by The Mystery Jets is a simply brilliant throwback without sounding like an outdated rehash. Just in time for summer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Paul
I really enjoy both of your blogs.
I started one a couple of months which I think you'll like. It's at
http://kickup80s.blogspot.com/
Hey
If anyone ever complains that you "give music away" I just went a bought the Mystery Jets first album because I like this song so much. AND I picked up the Ting Tings last week because o fyour earlier entry. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave, I am so hooked on The Ting Tings album. It has been in my VW for the last three weeks and will most likely remain in there all summer long. Such a good album... And yes, The Mystery Jets are awesome and my next purchase for sure..
Cheers,
Paul F
Post a Comment