Ok, I'll keep the classic themes coming as I seem to be on a roll here. Morton Stevens' iconic theme for Hawaii Five-O is about as hip a theme as you could ever want. 40 years later, and this song still rocks the house and has been covered more times and by more artists than I could even begin to mention. I was only 6 years old when the last season of the series aired in 1980, but I still remember being struck by the theme and thinking Jack Lord was about the coolest guy on television. Music from the TV soundtrack was available on the Capitol LP record ST-410, issued in the late 1960's. However, it has never been reissued commercially on CD. Some of the music on the original LP was taken from the show's pilot movie and is also heard in some early season episodes. The main title (not the version from this LP) can also be found on various TV theme compilation CDs. So, if you are looking for the original TV soundtrack version of the theme, you can thank Mike Quigley host of the sensational Hawaii Five-O Homepage for providing it. Hands down, one of the greatest themes of all time.Hawaii Five-0 Theme (Original Capitol LP Version)
No comments:
Post a Comment