Tuesday, October 19, 2004

A bit more Electro Lounge

A late lunch for me, having just come back from a live CNN Town Hall program. I like to listen to some loungey (but fun) music during the lunch hour when time permits, and then I realized I left a small list of examples in my first music post, so I need to add more. Besides, I finally figured out how to link things better. In the interest of the recording industry, all the songs posted below are provided free and legal from the bands and labels themselves:

Take Me Higher (Mellow) - Great if you like the group AIR

Le Flic Et La Fille (Arling & Cameron) - Think early 70s crime-jazz

1999 Spaceclub (Arling & Cameron) - Late 60s-like Sci-Fi fanfare

Metropia (Logan's Sanctuary) - Another for fans of AIR

Casino (Ralph Merz & The Jack Herren Band) - Reminds me of The Cardigans

Clouds (Ralph Merz & The Jack Herren Band) - Trippy

Showroom Dummies (Senor Coconut) - Kraftwerk goes salsa lounge

Maxi On! (Takako Minekawa) - The B52's go to Japan?

Re-enter The Two Tone Deaf (Kings Have Long Arms) - Spy music meets the Vocoder

Initials B.B. (Stereo de Luxe) - Alternative lounge

Gentlemen, Let's Have Some Fun (Stereo de Luxe) - Alternative lounge meets Austin Powers?


Plus, some great Real Audio / Video links for other Electro Lounge acts that just need to be heard:

Royksopp (from Norway, did the Coldplay "Clocks" remix last year)

Eighteenth Street Lounge (home of Thievery Corporation)

The Moog Cookbook (Alternative goes kitsch)

St. Etienne (fabulous UK band)


Paul





No comments: