Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Happy Holidays from Jan Hammer......"


Ok, I lied.... One last post, and just because this was just sent to me by one of my idols, Jan Hammer (one of the biggest influences on my own musical directions over the years). He's also one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to talk with, as I had the chance to do several years ago for an interview I did for the now out-of-print Lexicon Magazine (still going on-line however, so check it out).

Anyway, Jan passes along Season's Greetings to his fans each year, which always includes an Mp3, and this year he's released a very rare track indeed, one of my all time favorites from his discography. The Finale for the soundtrack he composed for the 1985 film Secret Admirer. This was done during the same time period he was working on Miami Vice, so the song has the same vibe. My vinyl copy is shot to Hell, so I'm very excited to have a clean version of this brilliant track. Be sure to play it loud.

Finale (Jan Hammer)

Happy Holidays Jan!

No comments: