Thursday, December 22, 2005

"Hooray For Santy Claus....."




Well, here's my last post before I kick off my holiday season. This one is for fans of Santa Claus Conquer's The Martians, an obscure cult-film from 1964 in which St. Nick faces off against aliens. Recently re-issued as a hardcover book with DVD, I recommend it for anyone looking for something.....different this season. I have only seen the full movie once, and I guarantee you will laugh heavily throughout the film.

One of the more memorable aspects of the film is the catchy theme-song, in which children chant (spell out really): "s-a-n-t-a... c-l-a-u-s... hooray for Santy Claus..." The song was written by Milton Delugg, who scored music for a number of english-dubbed Japanese films, The Gong Show and The Dating Game. For the original song and read-along record, visit Ernie (Not Bert).

For a more recent remake of this tune (much better I might add), you must visit Senor Tonto. Be sure to sing along with the lyrics and enjoy the holidays.....

No comments: