Monday, September 11, 2006

Indie Spotlight: Cartwheel

Well, as today marks the 5 year anniversary of September 11th, I was going to bypass any music posts, but decided to post some mellow (not depressing) music instead. Today's act recently stopped recording under the name Cartwheel, but are already working on new material (so I guess that hardly counts as a break-up). The duo formed in Melbourne, Australia in 1998 before relocating to Manchester in 2004. They have a great, mellow 4AD-like vibe. I first posted a remix of the track Silent Scream as part of a virtual mix in May. Here are a few full releases worth grabbing by the now defunct act.

Man: In Love With Machine - (EP Released October 2005)

Nice As Twice
Group Loop
Fall Apart To Stay Together
Man: In Love With Machine
Fall Apart "Lynskey Mix"
Nice As Twice "Hi-Fi Mix"

How To Put One Foot On The Foldback Whilst The Other Works The Wah-Wah - (7" Released January 2002)

Yellow Keys
Dr. Farfisa
Garage Door
An Artist's Impression

No comments: