My previous post of this became corrupted, so here it is again: An industrial favorite for modern rock radio stations every halloween, Front 242's Headhunter (first released in 1988) is an all-time "body music" classic. It has been remixed and re-issued so many times it is hard to keep track of just how many versions there are. In October 1981, Front 242 formed in Brussels and helped lead the way for the European industrial music movement. The band took a long hiatus before re-recording the song in 1999 and releasing it as the double CD single Headhunter 2000 complete with 19 remixes. Here I've included three of the earlier mixes (the last two which were DJ-promo only releases), plus a link to the music video. This is for all of those ghouls looking to slam dance.ck the target, Two you bait the line, Three you slowly spread the net, And four you catch the man!"
Headhunter V 3.0Headhunter (Hot Tracks Edge Mix)Headhunter (Razormaid Mix)Headhunter (Video)NOTE: If the second two remix links fail, here is the
parent directory.
2 comments:
Just saw the video for this song. I think the cool atom-looking construction that features throughout the building is the Atomium, which represents an atom of iron and was built outside Brussels for an exhibition. You can see it from the trainline as you head into Brussels from the airport, as I have been doing a few times recently for work.
And actually, Headhunter was a real phenomenon. So many versions, released at so many times. I'm not sure how many copies I bought of different versions during the 1990s...
Post a Comment