I've been listening to the Mancini Beats: Today + Tomorrow compilation and while some of the tracks aren't bad, I just needed to hear some of the genuine article. Henry Mancini has written some of the greatest, most memorable music for some of the biggest films of all time. His music has been covered, recovered, reworked, and remixed over and over again for decades, a true testament to his musical longevity. Several times he provided the score for the equally sensational Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany's and one of my all-time favorite films, Charade. For his famous Moon River, Mancini said he was heavily influenced by Hephurn and that the song was written just for her. While she sings it in the film over an acoustic guitar, the track was never included on the soundtrack. So, below is her original version in addition to Manicini's with his orchestra and chorus. Music and movies just aren't made this way anymore...Moon River (Audrey Hepburn)
Moon River (Henry Mancini)
2 comments:
Thanks for the film version I was dissapointed not to find it in the soundtrack CD.
In a book recently released a small story about this tune:after a preview of the film the producer asked for the suppression of the tune and the answer of Audrey Hepburn was "Over my dead body".
Yes, they just don't make movies like this anymore. Not to mention songs like this... Thanks for the film version, I was very disapointed when it was nowhere to be found in the original soundtrack CD.
Post a Comment