I've been a huge fan of Nicola Conte's music and his remixes for other artists, many of which have already appeared on this blog. A staple on Thievery Corporation's ESL label, Italy's Nicola Conte has kept the classic bossa nova sound alive and well while infusing his own unique style throughout the acid jazz / electro-lounge scene. If the name does not ring a bell, his international hit Bossa Per Due certainly should. His stellar mixes have drawn my attention to other artists I may have missed. One such case is the German electro-lounge group, re:jazz. I recently discovered his remix of Quiet Nights which I can only describe as the essence of cool. In case you missed my earlier Nicola Conte posts, I've included them below as well as a few others I have not.Quiet Nights "Nicola Conte Out Of The Cool Version" (re:jazz)
Bonus Tracks:
Mastered The Art "Nicola Conte Jet Sounds Mix" (Greyboy)
Foto Viva "Nicola Conte Mix" (Mo' Horizons)
Tonight "Nicola Conte New Jazz Version" (Koop)
Omerta "Nicola Conte Bossa Remix" (Isabelle Antena)
Bossa Per Due (Nicola Conte)
3 comments:
thanks for that Isabella Antena-remix. I'm a fan of Nicola too, didn't know however he remixed this song. I buy almost everything from his Schema label. Gerardo Frisina is also a demi-god: I had the pleasure of seeing him live (as a dj) and got him to autograph some twelve-inches. Which was nice.
Hi Paul
It's Elaine from Far Out Recordings please could you get in contact with me ASAP- you may be interested in the forthcoming release a compilation by Nicola Conte with 60's Bossa Nova and Samba Jazz...Amazing album featuring Tenorio JR's Nebulosa + much more
feel free to contact me on info@faroutrecordings.com
arrived via thehypemachine-
nice to see some nicola on here...
Post a Comment