Friday, January 26, 2007

Level 42: Something About You "Hatiras Original Mix"

I really should just call this a Level 42 blog the way I keep posting music by my favorite band for the last 20+ years. The fantastic remix site, Digital Eargasm posted this fairly new remix of the band's worldwide smash hit, Something About You, which gained the band a legion of fans in the United States (including myself) in 1986 as this was the first time most of us had ever heard their music. The original version of Something About You peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and at No. 4 on the Hot Dance Music / Club Play chart. The album which spawned the single, World Machine, reached No. 18 on the Billboard Album chart and No. 64 on the R&B chart. 21 years later, this song can still be heard in regular radio rotation around the world.

Canadian DJ, Hatiras, has provided the latest in a string of recent remixes of the Level 42 classic. It was released in October 2006 through Blow Media on vinyl and digital download, with the original mix and a radio edit. While I sort of like this mix, nothing can top the original 1986 version. Afterall, this was the song that turned me on to my favorite group...

Something About You "Hatiras Original Mix" (Level 42)

Plus:
Something About You (1986 Music Video)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting these great L42 tracks!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...thx for all these L42 tracks. They're my first true love...
By the way...I've always considered myself a die hard L42 fan with a reasonable L42-record collection (around 100 singles, LP's etc)...that was until I came across this Danish guy...with a collection of around 900 L42 records/singles/etc etc etc...

Keep up the good work...thx for blogging;-)

www.madsenblog.dk

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, Paul. I really appreciate it!!

http://digitaleargasm.blogspot.com/