Friday, March 02, 2007

Essential Pick: Vi Velasco

Another great album I must endorse courtesy of the fabulous Martian Shaker blog, this one featuring the famous Zoot Sims and his Orchestra with vocalist Vi Velasco. Released in 1962 by the long extinct Colpix Records (Colpix CP 438), the light jazz bossa nova arrangements work so well with Velasco's smooth english vocals. This is an essential pick for fans of jazz lounge and bossa nova fans alike (especially if you dig Astrud Gilberto). This is the sort of music Nicola Conte is all over these days. Suave, sophisticated cocktail jazz with the perfect latin twist. Truly a hidden gem you are not likely to come across anytime soon, and certainly never on CD. An essential pick.

Cantando Bossa Nova

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vi,
You got work and you never wrote...Email me..at... Martinbrummer.com

Anonymous said...

It's Martin B.. I meant Go to Google ONLY ! To Get my email contact. Martinbrumer.org to get my email address... I think I know Where you are I'll CALL...Later

Anonymous said...

If anyone knows how to contact Vi Valasco Please tell her marty brummer her drummer had her number and now it's unlisted. director to this site..My Direct Email is Mbrum9@msn.com... Please Someone take the time
Thanks MB