Monday, March 12, 2007

R.I.P. John Inman

I know its old news now, but I still can't believe John Inman is gone. I grew up watching Are You Being Served and have never stopped watching the re-reuns on PBS. Inman was one of the funniest english actors of his time, and his portrayal of Mr. Humphries would bring you to tears laughing. A true comedic legend who will be missed. In honor of his passing, I have provided a link for his 1977 LP entitled, I'm Free, for all to enjoy.

I'm Free (John Inman) - courtesy of PaulandMarkie

2 comments:

ghoul said...

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years back. He was the sweetest man and even though he was unwell then he knew how to knock back his gin and tonics!
He'll be greatly missed.
For a very odd slant on the 'Are You Being Served' theme tune you should check out Coil's final album 'The Ape Of Naples'. The last song on the album, 'Going Up' is a very beautiful reworking!
Thanks for the albums.

mccommas said...

That dude makes me laugh so hard I want to pee my pants! His routine with that farm girl with the sequel program springs to my mind most.

"Is he or isn't he?"

"I have been wondering that for years!"

He must have been very old, but I am sorry to see him go none the less.

He was brilliant.