Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Its Siouxsie Right?

Well, if you listen to this particular remix, you just might think this is a new track by Siouxsie & The Banshees, and not the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The first time I heard this version, I was almost convinced it was Siouxsie Sioux on vocals (the added electronics further persuaded me). I'm a fan of both groups, so this remix by Diplo (courtesy of Good Weather for Airstrikes) is really worth a listen. Karen O's shades of Chrissie Hynde and Siouxsie Sioux are uncanny at times. I've also added a link for the even more stellar acoustic version.

Gold Lion "Diplo's Optimo Remix" (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Gold Lion "Acoustic" - courtesy of The Music Slut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly, I really think they both sound identical to each other, I wouldn't doubt that Siouxie Sioux is a big idol to Karen O, I hear a bit of a Siouxie influence in her singing