Here's one from my other blog, The New Wave Time Machine, which I thought some of you might also be interested in as we close in on Halloween. Since my other blog tends to focus on the more obscure and lesser known releases of the new wave era, I tried to avoid the obvious offerings such as Deadman's Party by Oingo Boingo, Psycho Killer by Talking Heads, and so on (although I did have to throw in one Bowie classic), as most folks have them (and other blogs will most likely offer them, so why post the same thing..). There are some nice rarities here such as the haunting dance mix of Frequency 7 by Visage, Snakecharmer (Francois Kevorkian presents Jah Wobble, The Edge, Holger Czukay), Halloween by Scary Thieves, Looking For The Black Haired Girls (an early pre-Human League demo recorded as The Future), plus a never before released demo by Level 42 from the World Machine album sessions. Not too mention overlooked classics by The Hitmen, The Ramones, The Damned, and Fred Schneider. Well over 100 minutes to program your own Mad Monster Party this season... Happy haunting ;)Tracklisting:
01. Night Touch (David Vanian)
02. Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) (David Bowie)
03. Grimly Fiendish “7 inch Mix” (The Damned)
04. Frequency 7 “Dance Mix” (Visage)
05. I’m Gonna Haunt You (Fred Schneider)
06. Bates Motel (The Hitmen)
07. People Who Dies (The Jim Carroll Band)
08. Pet Cemetary (The Ramones)
09. So Bad (Oingo Boingo)
10. Ghost Town (The Specials)
11. Dead Pop Stars (Altered Images)
12. Snakecharmer (Francois Kevorkian presents Jah Wobble, The Edge, Holger Czukay)
13. There’s A Ghost In My House (The Fall)
14. Monster (Fred Schneider)
15. A Time For Fear (Who’s Afraid) (Art of Noise)
16. The Face Of Dorian Gray (Robert Marlow)
17. Halloween (Scary Thieves)
18. Soulless Synthetic Heart Steps Of Unconcerned Androids (Tik & Tok)
19. Looking For The Black Haired Girls “Demo” (The Future)
20. My Wife & My Dead Wife (Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians)
21. Darkness “Afront’s Transuranic Mix” (Human League)
22. Hell “Unreleased Demo” (Level 42)
23. Tenterhooks (David Vanian)
Part 1
Part 2
9 comments:
just wondering if I could be allowed to get to your other blog???
thanks
Post your e-mail here (which I will delete ASAP, as I have for all others) and I can send you the invite.
Cheers,
Paul
Please invite me to your New Wave Time Machine blog. Email address is alsoknownastek@gmail.com. Thanks!
Please invite me to your other blog as well. hotrodhernandez@gmail.com
I'm DJ D from Retro Remixes. Can I get an invite too ?
deltablues2@yahoo.com
hey! please send me invite too
pissingirlss@gmail.com
Would like an invite to your other blog
Would love to be invited to your other blog as well barry@surfingtrucker.com
Post a Comment