Friday, July 18, 2008

Ivor Slaney & His Orchestra: High Wire

Here is another cool spy cover which was released in 1965 on the HMV label, a cover of Edwin Astely's brilliant title theme for Danger Man recorded by Ivor Slaney. The energy level mirrors the original yet omits the trademark harpsichord sounds Astley incorporated into the theme and much of the show's other tracks. I love the brass and guitar riffs from this version. Thanks again to the Danger Man Website where I originally sourced the track and corresponding image.

High Wire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While searching for information on composer Ivor Slaney, I discovered your blog. :) Good blog!

Here's some more information for you on Ivor Slaney. You may hear an excerpt from the Guild Music 5149 D "The Show Must Go On" on their web site. The CDs title namesake is played by the Hudson Orchestra conduced by Walter Warren, whose real name is Meyer de Wolfe. Yes, the same gentleman who founded De Wolfe music, which later became the sound library that I'm sure you're aware of. :)

Can't say exactly where I've heard this cue before but it sure fits a cut-to/music over for a scene in Hollywood or Broadway. :)

It is truly a great piece of music!

So you were a radio guy? So was I, here in Minneapolis. I sometimes miss the biz. But I very much enjoy what I'm doing now!