Before White Town made its major radio debut with the offbeat single Your Woman, in 1997, Jyoti Mishra had been crafting fine pop music for years. I first heard White Town on a spinART compilation (given to me by the members of Suddenly Tammy following a concert they did with Live at York College) with the track Alain Delon which I played quite a bit on college radio. When I was still writing reviews for the now defunct e-zine The End of the World, Jyoti and I exchanged a few e-mails regarding a future interview after Your Woman became such a hit. The magazine folded before that took place, but I enjoyed the chance to speak with him during the process. The original version of Death in Kettering appears on his 2006 album Don't Mention the War. Here is the acoustic version found on Jyoti's site.Tuesday, September 02, 2008
White Town: Death in Kettering (Acoustic Version)
Before White Town made its major radio debut with the offbeat single Your Woman, in 1997, Jyoti Mishra had been crafting fine pop music for years. I first heard White Town on a spinART compilation (given to me by the members of Suddenly Tammy following a concert they did with Live at York College) with the track Alain Delon which I played quite a bit on college radio. When I was still writing reviews for the now defunct e-zine The End of the World, Jyoti and I exchanged a few e-mails regarding a future interview after Your Woman became such a hit. The magazine folded before that took place, but I enjoyed the chance to speak with him during the process. The original version of Death in Kettering appears on his 2006 album Don't Mention the War. Here is the acoustic version found on Jyoti's site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hiya! Only found this post just now, thanks for the mention, I appreciate it!
love and kisses,
Jyoti
Post a Comment