Ok, I have been so slow at updating my blogs, but work keeps me busy. This is mostly a repost (with a few new tracks added), a follow-up to my popular series Vintage Christmas Wax, revised for the Halloween season of course. Many of these fantastic transfers were sourced from The Cylinder Preservation & Digitization Project, Canada's Virtual Gramaphone, the Library & Archives Canada, The Library of Congress, The Edison National Historic Site, and the Internet Archive. This is for those of you who appreciate more to Halloween music than Ghostbusters and The Monster Mash. My favorite by far is Who Dat Up Dere by Woody Herman. Happy haunting...
The Ghost of the Terrible Blues - (Peerless Quartet)
Mystery - (Harry A. Yerkes Dance Orchestra)
Who Dat Up Dere? (Woody Herman & His Orchestra)
The Goblin Band - (Glen Grey & The Casa Loma Orchestra)
Midnight Mama - (Jelly Roll Mortons Levee Serenaders)
Suicide Blues - (Arthur Collins)
Graveyard Blues - (Earl Fuller's Rector Novelty Orchestra)
The Ghost of The Mayor Overture - (Edison Symphony Orchestra)
The Vampire (Sodero's Band)
Hallowe'en Dance (American Symphony Orchestra)
The Devil's March (John Yorke Altee)
I'm Afraid to Come Home in the Dark (Billy Murray)
More Work for the Undertaker (Daniel M. Quinn)
The Vamp (Fred Van Eps Banjo Orchestra)
5 comments:
Hi. Great post. Exactly what I was looking for recently. I can't imagine Halloween without some good music. I've got something in my library but these songs are what I was missing. Now the Halloween atmosphere is almost perfect. My wife has to finish some decorations and then it will be like it should be during Halloween time.
Best regards,
Jay
thanks for the re-post/update of this post...i used to have this stuff on my computer before, but my hard drive crashed. then recently i remembered something about these funky old ass hollow weenie tunes. and i was all like....'where'd i get that stuff from?'....then i 'membered!!! ah yes! PAUL'S RAMBLINGS!!! so then i googles that sh*t and. PRESTO! fresh RE-POST and UPDATE no less!!! so, thanks paul... thank you for being there when i really, really needed you.....really...thanks, bro....i mean it's almost like you read my mind or something.....quite uncanny, really....
Hello Paul,
Could I trouble you for an invitation to the New Wave Time Machine blog?
thank you,
Roky
djrokymanson.blogspot.com
Wow. Great stuff man.
Post a Comment