While I have not seen the new Miami Vice film yet, I'm amazed and disappointed that none of Jan Hammer's brilliant music was used (or re-invented) for the Michael Mann film. Hammer was one of the biggest inspirations for me when it came to piano and synths. As I tried to replicate his music, I began to discover my own style and craft my own pieces. While other artists influenced me, it was Jan Hammer who lit the fire. I had the opportunity to thank him for his influences several years ago during an interview I did with him for the now-defunct Lexicon Magazine. He was down to earth and sincere and amazed that people still enjoyed his music. Currently, Hammer has returned to the top of the European charts with a new version of his venerable Crockett's Theme, this time featuring vocals by TQ. The 4-track EP is available via Amazon.I've decided to repost the rare (and very cool) finale which was part of Jan Hammer's score for the obscure 1985 film Secret Admirer, which featured the where-are-you-now C. Thomas Howell. Only found on the long out-of-print vinyl / cassette soundtrack, Hammer released this clean digital copy to his fans last year. If you enjoyed Hammer's work on Miami Vice, you can't miss this one...
Finale "from Secret Admirer" (Jan Hammer)
No comments:
Post a Comment